Custom Cartridge FAQ
Do you have approved lead-free ammo
for the California condor zone?
Yes. We make a wider variety of
calibers, with multiple bullet styles and weights, than anyone
else using the approved Barnes lead-free bullets. Please read
this FAQ and
then visit our Orion
What does frangible
Frangible bullets fragment rather than distort
like lead. They're safer than traditional ammo because:
- Ricochets, shoot-throughs (target), and pass-throughs
(building) are greatly reduced, increasing bystander safety.
- These projectiles are made of powdered copper
and tin, with a binder and lubricant.
- No lead means less environmental damage.
What’s the difference
between SoftShotPro™ and SoftShot™?
- In accordance with legal requirements, SoftShotPro™
is for sale only to law enforcement or military agencies because
handgun calibers can penetrate certain levels of soft body armor.
- Custom tuning to maximize performance in
your weapons is available only in SoftShotPro™.
- SoftShot™ usually leaves a residual base,
whereas certain levels of SoftShotPro™ may not.
- SoftShot™ offers the high performance and
reduced hazard characteristics of SoftShotPro™, but provides only traditional
performance against soft body armor.
- Because SoftShot™ is less intensive to manufacture
than SoftShotPro™, it provides a more economical alternative.
- For a side-by-side comparison of the features of SoftShotPro™ and SoftShot™, click here.
Where can I find ballistic and pricing information?
We post technical and pricing information in
Your question wasn't answered?
Please email us.